Posted to rec.food.baking
Reg

Default What mixer would be the minimum you would recommend for cookiedough?

.. wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, wrote:
>

>>what about a food processor?

> For cookie dough? I grew up in a house with a stand mixer and no food
> processor. Not really sure what you can do with a food processor. I
> thought they were good for slicing, mincing or blending things. Can you
> use they like a mixer?

FP's do come with a dough attachment, so they can be used
to make cookie and bread doughs. I don't. I prefer the mixer
for these, especially for bread.

FP's are great for pie doughs however, using the regular
chopping blade. They do a fine job of cutting in the
butter/shortening for flaky doughs.