Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave Smith

Default U own Espresso Machine?

Chicklet wrote:

> I am trying to find a very simple way to make cappuccinos and lattes.
> There are so many machines out there, some of which are very involved
> and expensive.
>
> Can someone who knows about these things recommend a simple machine
> that will produce good results with very little fuss?

You have a choice between a steam driven or a pump driven machine, and
the latter are more expensive. I have tried several reasonably priced
home machines that didn't last, but have had pretty good luck with my
Krupps pump driven machine.
Having been to the repair shop many times with machines, I was advised
that they all break down and parts are hard to get, so if you treat
yourself to a deluxe machine you may find yourself with an expensive
piece of garbage in a year or two.