Posted to rec.food.baking
Vox Humana

Default What mixer would be the minimum you would recommend for cookie dough?

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> what about a food processor?

You can use a FP for cookies, but there are some considerations. One is
capacity. The other is the viscosity of the dough. I find that making
stiff doughs in the FP can be a challenge. If you don't do it exactly
right, the blade will stall in the dough. I have a large, 900 watt FP, and
it still can stall-out with cookie dough, especially if I am not careful
about the way I add the ingredients. I love my FP, but I still use the
stand mixer for large jobs or when I am mixing something very stiff where
torque is an advantage over speed.