Posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
MoM

Default Help needed urgently!

Hi everyone; I wanted to make this recipe for Mohn Kuchen
today but I don't have any ground poppyseeds.

I DO have 2 cans of solo poppyseed filling.

If I mix the filling with the cream of wheat do you think
that would work?

TIA for your help!

The recipe is below.

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Iris's Mohn Kuchen

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 10
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:

-= Ingredients =-
~~ -DOUGH- ~~
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Butter ; I use marg
1 medium Egg
4 cups Flour ; 3-4 cups
2 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
~~ -FILLING- ~~
1 medium Egg
1/3 cup Wheatlets ; Cream of Wheat
Cereal)
2 1/2 cup Water
1 cup Poppyseeds ; ground
1 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 tablespoon Butter
~~ -TOPPING- ~~
1 cup Butter or marg
1/2 cup Sugar
2 cups Flour
2 tablespoons Milk

-= Instructions =-
DOUGH: Combine ingredients for dough. Should be very stiff.
Press into bottom of a springform pan.

FILLING: Make cereal with water and wheatlets. Pour over
remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour over base in pan.

TOPPING: Mix ingredients to a crumbly consistency and
crumble over filling in pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Drizzle with icing if desired.

This recipe was given to me by my ex Sister In law in
Wuppertal Germany.

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping.
**
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at:
http://www.bigoven.com **

--
Helen in beautiful Fergus, Ontario Canada ~~ RVTOBFREE
www.mompeagram.homestead.com/