MEow

Default Things not to forget when cooking

While frolicking around in rec.food.cooking, zxcvbob of said:

>> Don't put some cold soup on a hot plate for reheating, close the
>> kitchen-door and begin to read something interesting, forget about the
>> soup, and then go shopping. Once soup has been reduced to coal, there's
>> *nothing* you can do to save the pot; plus it takes hours to get the
>> ventilation, and the entire kitchen, to stop smelling so badly.

>If it's a stainless steel pot, lye and warm water will save it. Don't ask
>me how I know.

Too late. I threw it out years ago, right after it happened. In any
case, it was just a cheapo pot, and I had two others, of which I still
have one left. The new ones I have are coated with some sort of
non-stick coating. So far, I haven't burned anything in them (7-9-13!)
--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
ICQ# 251532856