Posted to rec.food.baking
chembake

Default Is there a downside to using salt in cake/cupcake batter?

> You don't get high blood pressure from a half teaspoon of salt
>distributed throughout an entire cake. The sodium per serving is
>negligible.

Eric my point is not about hypertension....
Its about formulations which is rather peculiiar for a normal baking
book recipe that does not have any salt.

Any formulator does not care if anybody has certain diet related
disease as that is only the minority of the consumers who plan to appl
the recipe at home.; unless that is his or her goal to formulate for
these minorities.