Posted to rec.food.baking
chembake

Default Is there a downside to using salt in cake/cupcake batter?

>I'm definitely in favor of that, but then why do so many formulas such
>as Magnolia Bakery's cookbook not include salt in their basic vanilla
>cupcake formula?

No salt?.....its either the recipe was using salted butter or the its
erroneous....or have typographical error.

Any bakery recipe should have salt ....except those special salt free
items .....for certain people observing a low sodium diet.
Could you please show me some examples of such so that we can check it
out ....?