D.Currie

Default Things not to forget when cooking

"Curly Sue" > wrote in message
> - when making ramen, don't drain like spaghetti. You need the hot
> water for the soup.
>
> - when making pancakes, put oil on the grill before pouring on the
> pancake batter.
>
> I've been distracted this week!
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

Don't forget to turn the oven OFF. It was my first winter in a new
apartment, with a lot of coming and going. I kept thinking that it was odd
that they kept the heat so high. (No, I wasn't cooking much).

Finally figured out it was the oven that had been on for about a week. It
was really warm that day. Opened the bedroom window and cracked open the
patio door to the balcony, and went out, for what was supposed to be an hour
or so. Ended up going to a party, then a huge snowstorm blew in and I didn't
get back to the apartment for a couple of days.

I knew there was going to be a problem when the apartment doorknob was
freezing cold.

Snowstorm blew in, all right. I had several inches of snow carpeting the
living room, and the bed was covered with snow.

No, I did NOT turn the oven back on to thaw things out.