Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

Default What's the funniest or worst restaurant experience you'd had so far? (LONG)

Pete C. wrote:

> > Plenty of tables? Sure go ahead and seat them. Make the customer
> > comfortable.
> >
> > Very crowded and people waiting? Sorry, but please wait until your party
> > arrives. It comes down to how many $ per hour the tables can turn over.
> > Having two people sipping on a cup of coffee for 30 minutes waiting for the
> > last person cuts into production and forces others to wait.

> Nope, not a valid excuse. If you have an issue with seating capacity
> resolve it, i.e. expand, do not ever annoy your customers with the not
> seating until the full party is there crap.

Hmm, the world is all about you. What makes you think a restaurant
should give up a table that seats six when there are really only two...
why, are you going to pay triple your tab if the other four don't
show? You're obviously one of those coniving selfish *******s who
calls to reserve a table for six when it's really only the two of you
just so you'll be more assured of getting accomodated and at a larger
table... restaurants are wise to your ilk. That's why restaurants
don't typically seat, and rightfully so, until the full party is
present. Even if you just walk in with no reservations, they not going
to seat two at a table that accomodates six until all six of you are
present. Most will seat yoose at the bar so you can buy drinks and
will call you when your party arrives... they'll even bring those
drinks you were in the amidst of to your table... but they're not
obligated to hold that table more than 10-15 minutes if your pals don't
arrive. And restaurants don't care that self-centered jerks like you
never return, in fact they'd prefer it.