Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Ranger

Default What's the funniest or worst restaurant experience you'd had so far? (LONG)

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 09:25:36 GMT, "Ophelia" >
replied:
>At a restaurant between Dalkeith and Jedburgh (can't remember the name)
>we decided to have lunch
>
>We walked in to find the dining room empty except for a long table at
>one side full with jolly bikers and a small mezzanine floor for smokers.
>
>Not wishing to sit in the (empty) smokers area we went to sit at a table
>for four, there not being a table for two.
>
>The waitress came over and said 'I am sorry we only have free tables in
>the smoking area' I told her I didn't want to sit in the smoking area
>and would prefer to stay where we were. We were told we couldn't sit
>there! When I asked why she said 'a party of four might come in'!!!!
>This was in a large empty dining room.
>
>She proceeded to ask the bikers if we could fit in at the end of their
>long table. I don't have a single thing against bikers but..... we
>left!

She didn't want to wait any other tables and this was her answer.
You obliged her whim and left. <shrug> I would've left, too, even
though I would've probably already been talking to the bikers.
(Some of the BEST tour information can be had by talking to many
of these clubbers!)

I would've written A Letter the moment I got home, though,
detailing the problem. The high likelihood that I would never be
back in that town wouldn't bother me. The fact that the manager
didn't know what that server was doing is easy enough to
understand, though.

The Ranger