Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Ranger

Default What's the funniest or worst restaurant experience you'd had so far? (LONG)

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 09:25:36 GMT, "Ophelia" >
replied:
> Ranger wrote:
> > Some owners/managers do make regular walks through the dining room
> > checking on guests. And even then, annoyed and upset customers
> > won't talk to him/her. "How's the food tonight?" And, "Is
> > everything as you hoped?" are answered with mumbles, eyes-averted,
> > "Great. Just fine."
> >

> Nooooooooooooooooo. They might take it away and bring me
> a new one(((((( I have seen on tv and had it confirmed by a
> chef what they do to the food of someone who complains. I
> might complain on the way out but not while they have a chance
> to adulterate my food

I'm sure there are people that adulterate food sent back by
complaining customers. I'm sure these people are/were "caught" on
video adding non-essential condiments to the food in an attempt to
get even. I'm sure your friend has seen someone do it during his
way up the service ladder. I will contend that no one with the
rank of hash-cook or higher (especially 'chef') will adulterate
food sent back.

I will continue to write my Letters and use them as a positive
feedback resource mechanism for when I am pleased, and displeased.

BTW: Peter didn't say anything on the way out, either. Just walked
and never went back -- even though he liked the original place.
How's that helping the owner expand and retain the loyalty of his
customers?

The Ranger