Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

Default What's the funniest or worst restaurant experience you'd had so far? (LONG)

"The Ranger" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 02:21:35 GMT, "Pete C." >
> replied:
>> The Ranger wrote:
>> > On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:08:35 GMT, "Pete C." >
>> > replied:
>> > [Snip-O'-Matic employed]
>> > >
>> > Would you mind mentioning them by name?
>> >

>> Little Mark's Big BBQ in Avon, CT. Their place in Vernon, CT
>> had always been good.

>> > [snip bad experience at BBQ place]
>> > >
>> > I hope you wrote A Letter detailing your excruciatingly bad
>> > experience?
>> >

>> Couldn't be bothered, just crossed that location off my list.

> How is the manager/owner to learn from their gross negligence or
> dereliction of duty if you don't tell them? When a customer is SO
> annoyed that they refuse to set foot back in their business, it
> warrants A Letter. (Ditto the positive experience.) By providing
> them this valuable service, you are allowing them the opportunity
> to change. By not going back _and_ not telling anyone, you can't
> expect that unobservant owner/manager to fix it; they don't know
> -- until that last customer doesn't come back.

To be honest Ranger I don't write a letter either. If their customer
service is so bad, they deserve to feel it in reduced takings. It is
not
my job to correct their bad attitude

And now, on a happier note, I wish you a very Merry Christmas or
Hannukah or whatever, to you, your wife and the daughter units)

I look forward to reading about their exploits in the future

Ophelia (in cold and frosty Scotland)

--
http://www.qpat.co.uk/