Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C.

Default What's the funniest or worst restaurant experience you'd had sofar? (LONG)

The Ranger wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:08:35 GMT, "Pete C." >
> replied:
> [Snip-O'-Matic employed]
> > One of the worst experiences I've had was at a recently
> > opened BBQ place.

> Would you mind mentioning them by name?

Little Mark's Big BBQ in Avon, CT. Their place in Vernon, CT had always
been good.

> [snip bad experience at BBQ place]
> > Any owner / manager that had been paying any
> > attention would have clearly seen annoyed and
> > soon to be former customers.

> I hope you wrote A Letter detailing your excruciatingly bad
> experience?

Couldn't be bothered, just crossed that location off my list.

> > Another place I had an overall ok experience, but it
> > started out bumpy with what could have been a problem.
> > There were three of us in two vehicles going to a place
> > for breakfast at about 8:30am. Two of us arrived first
> > while the third made a brief pit stop to pickup cigarettes.
> > The first two of us were in line to be seated and when
> > we indicated that there were three of us, the hostess
> > said she couldn't seat us until we were all there. It this
> > point I peeked around from my now-ex-semi-girlfriend
> > and said very plainly "If you don't seat us now we'll
> > go somewhere else". The hostess looked a bit startled
> > and proceeded to seat us.

> Good for you for speaking up and getting seated. Most sheeple
> would just stand there demurely.

This was also in restaurant Mecca USA a.k.a Addison, TX where a 50' walk
from their door in just about any direction would put us at the door of
one of their competitors.

> This type of seating policy drives me nuts, especially when there
> are tables available.

As I explained to the now-ex-semi-girlfriend, I draw a solid line
between business and personal interactions and I have a zero tolerance
policy for bad customer service. It is a regular policy on mine to
blacklist businesses for six months for the first infraction, one year
for the second, etc.

These days there are few monopolies, I can go across the street and get
the exact same product and at about the same price from a competitor, so
customer service is the only way a company can earn my business.

Pete C.