Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Scott Kaczorowski

Default BJ's and Pizza

(Bill Benzel) wrote in
:

> There are some days I'd give my kingdom for a tuna sub from
> the Tastee Sub Shop in Edison. That's one of the places I
> truly miss.

Heh! All of this reminds me of the "Adam's Ribs" MASH
episode...

I have a good friend (now teaching at PSU) who did his undergrad
work at Occidental in Eagle Rock (LAish) where there was (is?)
nothing more than a kiosk called Burrito King. Some of the best
burritos I've ever had.

Next stop for him was the Felcher [sic] School of Diplomacy (~
1986). Even as a SoCal candy-ass, the weather didn't bother him
as much as the complete and total lack of anything even
resembling Mexican food, let alone good Mexican. He said he
couldn't find tortillas and/or frijoles refritas and/or
chipotles and/or cilantro and/or cumin and/or...

So, about twice a year he broke down and called Burrito King.
They would freeze and pack 6 burritos in dry ice and Fed-Ex it
to him. The cost was about $50 - which was huge for him at the
time. I asked him if he spread the joy and he said "**** no!"
And he is not prone to profanity. And then he said: "It would
just be a waste. They wouldn't get it."

So, yeah, you may miss your subs (the Fed-Ex thing won't work
for tuna or "steaks"), but vee hav ahr vays...

Next up: Perogies.

Scott Kaczorowski
Long Beach, CA