Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.rights.promotion
Dutch

Default The collateral deaths argument and the 'Perfect Solution Fallacy": a false dilemma.

"Derek" > wrote

> Explain how and why animals hold rights against us

I would never bother to expend the effort again to attempt a detailed
explanation for you because you are insincere and hostile. The explanations
I have already given in the past are more than adequate for anyone to
understand my position clearly *if they wanted to*.

Here, read this, it explains rights in great detail;

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/rights/

"Within the will theory it is impossible for "incompetents" like infants,
animals, and comatose adults to have rights. Yet we ordinarily would not
doubt that these incompetents can have rights, for example the right not to
be tortured (MacCormick 1982, 154-66)."

The first sentence there reveals the theoretical basis of Jonathan and
other's position that animals cannot hold rights. In "theory" that's true.
Yet the second sentence reveals what I have been saying, they undoubtedly do
anyway.