Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer
Scott Kaczorowski

Default BJ's and Pizza

(Bill Benzel) wrote in
:

> In rec.food.drink.beer Scott Kaczorowski
> > wrote:
>:>
>:> Only when you stop snivelling/whinging/whining about In
>:> 'N Out Burger.
>:
>: It's just not a great burger. It just isn't. And I STILL
>: don't understand how the burger can be the subject of
>: legend, but the flacid and undercooked fries are on the
>: verge of being pointless.
>
> Next time you get dragged to an In 'N Out against your will

The Kid loves the place.

> ask them to make your burger "animal style." It's an
> improvement.

The standard burger doesn't suck, but it just isn't great.
And it's definitely not worth the wait. It simply doesn't
deserve its reputation, IMO. I suppose maybe like Pat's
and/or Geno's.

(I took all of the kids in the entire neighborhood to InO
recently. The oldest (~15) asked if he could order a 10x10.
I said yes. He didn't eat it all himself, but there were no
scraps left 30 minutes later.)

> The fries are definitely not worth touching. The buns are
> not great either.

It's just not a great burger. It just isn't. Restaurant-
pack patties and produce, crappy buns (as you say), all
drowned in Secret Sauce.

The one thing I will give them credit for is that the burgers
are smallish and not cater-to-the-fat-**** huge.

I will also give them another thing: They apparently pay
their workers relatively well and also give benefits right
off the bat. And I've never been treated even slighly poorly
at an InO.

> But if I'm being dragged to a fast food parlor I's still
> prefer to be dragged to an In 'N Out than a Jack, McD, BK
> or Wendy's.

I'll take a Tommy's over any of 'em.

> I may have to go to a Jack this year, order three combos
> and throw them in the trash. I want the balls.

So you're going to advertize for a company you don't like?

Uh...So you're gonna keep and wear your Budweiser t-shirt?

That's...not right.

Scott Kaczorowski
Long Beach, CA