Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bell Peppers

: > This is not rocket science, but it requires some experience. We are
: > talking trial and error here. The variables are cooking time and size
: > of pieces. You will probably need to put the peppers in first, after
: > heating the pan and adding oil. After they have cooked a bit, add the
: > burgers.

: Thanks for the hint. The main issue is the time it takes, maybe 10
: minutes before I add the burgers. Whenever I go to a sub shop, they
: have a bowl full of soft green/red bell peppers that they toss on the
: grill. Probably a foodservice product.

They're soft because they're already cooked.

The peppers you see in the sub shop are pre-cooked - when they toss them
on the grill they are simply reheating them. Early in the morning before
they open for business, they do the prep work for that days business
which includes cooking those peppers.

You could do the same thing at home, by cooking up a large batch yourself
and then portioning them out into individual servings then freezing them.
Toss a frozen portion into the pan along with your cooking hamburger and
there ya go!