Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Honey Chicken Sambal Recipe

Honey Chicken Sambal Recipe

Makes 2 servings in 45 minutes

Chicken / Asian (Malaysia) / Gas or electric stove / No marination

-View Picture at :
http://recipe.theskinnycook.com/hone...en-sambal.html
-

Sambal is a spicy condiment used especially in Indonesia and Malaysia,
made with chili peppers and other ingredients.

When I was in Belgium, I especially liked to "spice my rice" with
"sambal oelek". This sambal is sold in Belgium in any big supermarket
as an Indonesian Spice-mixture.
Great was my amazement that when I arrived in Malaysia : it was hard to
find "sambal oelek". But I learned that Malaysia makes up for this by
introducing me with a lot of different sambal mixtures, lots of them
you can make yourself.

This is a sambal recipe I like : it's delicious, has easy to find
ingredients and is fast & easy to prepare : just blend ingredients
together. The honey and the carrot give a special smooth sweet touch to
this sambal.

INGREDIENTS

* Blend smoothly to a paste :
- 1 onion
- 20 dried chilies
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 tablespoon oil

* 1/2 chicken, cleaned and cut in pieces
* 1 onion sliced
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 3,4 US fluid ounce - 3 Australia fluid ounce (100ml) water
* salt to taste (1 tea spoon)
* oil to fry

PREPARATION

1. Heat oil over medium fire. Put in sliced onion. Fry till fragrant
and golden brown.
2. Put in chicken pieces. Stir slowly for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add chili paste. Stir till well-mixed for 4 minutes.
4. Pour in water, salt and honey. Simmer till gravy thickens and
chicken is ready (less than 30 minutes).
5. Serve with lots of love and a cool drink, depending on how hot your
dry chilies are.

http://recipe.theskinnycook.com
Skinny Cooks' Home-Recipes : Eurasian Cooking, Food and Tips!