Posted to rec.food.baking
Vox Humana

Default wilton cookie press - is it usable for all types of cookies?

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> For me, the cookie press (battery operated) was just one more appliance
> that sounded good at the time, but after a few uses got relegated t the
> back shelf, soon to be given away or tossed. I can only get decent
> results fomr one of the eight or so disks. For the nozzle attachments,
> I can get better results from the disposable cone bags with insertable
> nozzles. And, aboyut one-fourth of the douugh is always left behind in
> the machine, or lost in wiping up after each cookie formed.
> .
> Some days I just feel really old, when I prefer to do things the old
> fashioned way, by hand.
>
> The only appliance that I finally broke down and bought and still like
> is the electric can opener.
>
> Anyone want to buy an electric pizzelle maker? Or a hand-held blender
> thing that Emeril calls a boat motor? They sounded at the time.
>
> Already gave away three different popcorn poppers, two crockpots, a
> few oversized baking trays and pots, etc. Amazing! I now have room in
> the cabinets for actual food.

I tend to agree with you. I do like my food processor and use it daily. I
don't have a lot of room for seldom-used appliances and have limited my
selection to the very minimum. I have an electric waffle iron because I
don't know of an alternative way to make waffles. My "boat motor" was
dropped and is on it's last leg. I'm in no hurry to replace it, but it is
so small and tucks into my pantry on its own hanger that it doesn't take up
much space. I didn't replace my hand-held mixer when it broke. I gave away
my bread machine. An electric skillet takes up space in my basement. I
don't buy much canned food, so my ancient hand operated can opener is more
than adequate. I don't have an electric deep fryer, rice cooker, yogurt
maker, or any of the many specialty appliances that are available.