Posted to rec.food.equipment
Vox Humana

Default Tilia FoodSaver parts

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
> limey wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> >
> >>I was hoping that someone, somewhere, has cataloged and inventoried
> >>parts from such sources. In our area ... I've rarely seen and Tilia's
> >>on the shelf.

> > Dee, was this the Foodsaver you recently bought? Has something gone

wrong
> > with it so soon? Is there a warranty of some type?
> >

> They made me a very similar offer when I called about repairs for an out
> of warranty sealer. They refused to sell parts (all I needed is a length
> of Teflon coated fiberglass tape) for home repair citing "liability". In
> the end, I bought a Sinbo and gave one to each of my children, too.

You should have said so. The medical/dental industry has used heat sealer
for year. We use them to seal pouches of instruments before they go into
the autoclave. You can buy the Teflon tape from a dental supply house.

Take a look he
http://www.theheatsealers.com/?gclid...FTF9JAodzjQBCg

They have kits with heating elements and Teflon cloth (tape) starting at
$4.00