Doug Miller

Default Good Peanut Butter vs. Bad Peanut Butter

In article >, (Karen O'Mara) wrote:
>zxcvbob > wrote in message
>> When I was a kid, we discovered a Krogers that had a peanut grinder and
>> they made their own fresh peanut butter from roasted red-skin peanuts. It
>> was wonderful stuff, with a slightly gritty texture from the peanut skins.
>> We did not refrigerate it, we just bought it in small batches and stirred
>> it before we used it.

>Kind of like mashing potatoes with the potato skins on! I like this
>idea of peanut butter. What is a Krogers?

Supermarket chain based in Cincinnati. The Kroger name is used mostly in the
Midwest and the South, but they operate stores under other names in much of
the rest of the US. Don't know if the selections would be the same, though.

http://www.kroger.com/operations_grocery_locations.htm