Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default Cold from the can?

In article .com>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > When rushed and hungry, (generally at work when it's busy), what types
> > of foods can or do you eat right out of the can, cold?
> >
> > Canned cream soups

> Doesn't get more trailer trash disgusting.... that wallpaper paste is
> bad enough reconstituted and heated, but raw, you gotta be kidding.
>
> > Spinach
> > Cut green beans
> > Asparagus spears
> > Baby corns
> > Black Olives
> > Green Olives
> > Any other canned veggie depending on my mood.

> I'll eat the black olives as a snack... the rest, blech!
>
> > Canned beans are out tho'. Those have GOT to be warmed up!

> Canned cold beans are fine if drained and tossed with a salad dressing.

Now that's not a bad idea.

> I like canned beets.
> I like canned creamed corn.

Cold???

> And naturally any kind of canned fish is a treat... tiny sardines,
> kipper snacks, smoked oysters, etc... nice with some saltines but not
> really necessary.

I'll eat baby smoked canned clams straight out of a can with a toothpick.
Love 'em!

> And cold Spam .... excellent when you have a mess of those Chinese
> take-out condiments... hot mustard and duck sauce go well with Hormel
> fillet mignon.

Gods.
I used to like spam many years ago but now I can't stand it.
Been eating low sodium for too long!

When I get canned veggies, I get the "no salt added" variety.

Might be why the canned spinach tastes so good. ;-)

--
Om.