Posted to rec.food.cooking
Rhonda Anderson

Default Cold from the can?

OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote in news:Omelet-
:

> When rushed and hungry, (generally at work when it's busy), what types
> of foods can or do you eat right out of the can, cold?
>
> Canned cream soups
> Spinach
> Cut green beans
> Asparagus spears
> Baby corns
> Black Olives
> Green Olives
> Any other canned veggie depending on my mood.
>
> Canned beans are out tho'. Those have GOT to be warmed up!

My main quick canned standby for work lunches is tuna. We have these
little single serve cans of flavoured tunas - tomato and basil, lemon
pepper etc. Those I'll happily eat out of the can, though I usually have
time to toast some bread to put the tuna on.

I can't think of anything normally served hot that I willingly eat cold
from the can..

Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia