Posted to alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
usual suspect

Default wife swap vegan episode

Karen Winter, bad mother, wrote:
> usual suspect wrote:

>>> Why resort to attack

>> I didn't attack.

> Yes, you did.

No, I didn't.

>> I pointed out that you stated something that's patently false.

> It is not at all *patently* false.

Yes, it was.

>>> Safer, certainly. It is safer than carrying a child to term.

>> Ipse dixit and false according to studies in both the US and Finland:

> That's not the information I have read.

I provided you with published, peer-reviewed studies to the contrary of
what you alleged. Rather than address it, you chose to snip it and
repeat your unsupported claims.

> Having a baby is a lot like adopting a parrot.

Ironically, you would've taken better care of a bird than you did your
own son and probably keep it away from your bestiality-inclined friends.

I would have had no hesitation in letting my son associate
with the responsible pedophiles I met.
-- Karen Winter as "Rat," http://tinyurl.com/6gxmp

No, I don't like him as a person. If he weren't my son, I
wouldn't want anything to do with him.
-- Karen Winter as "Rat," http://snipurl.com/4aea

And when speaking of your grandson, you want him to rebel against his
father and be a marginal just like you:

Maybe in the classic way of things, his son will
rebel against his father's values, and turn out to
be a sensitive, loving, fannish, imaginative,
socially-conscious and artistic type -- if I'm
really lucky, maybe even *** -- and my grandson and
I will bond eventually.
-- Karen Winter as "Rat," 01/22/04

> You can expect to have
> a relationship with the being for decades,

Look at your relationship with your son -- a human being. You dumped him
off on relatives so you could go to Ohio and California to dress up in
weirdo communes, wash stray cats, experiment with various sexual
perversions, become sympathetic to NAMBLA and receive their newsletter,
and so on. Your son didn't rebel against you the way you did against
your father -- you avoided your responsibility as a parent and rebelled
against your father AND son in the process.

> You have to be very, very sure you want to take on
> the long-term responsibility.

You sure didn't take your responsibility very seriously.

> Only a woman who is absolutely, completely certain that she wants to
> raise a child should carry one,

You didn't raise yours. You passed him off on his father and his wife,
then on your family when you decided to hit the road to navel gaze.

>>> Yes -- it's called "marriage".

>> No, society disapproves of radically redefining its institutions.

> What about those members of society who want to participate in
> the institution

You're living an *alternative* lifestyle. You should graciously accept
the consequences of it.