Nexis

Default good charactaristics in a rolling pin

"ben" > wrote in message
> Nexis wrote:
>
> > Cookies, mainly...which for most recipes the marble wouldn't matter for.
> > Also for rolling out things like bread doughs, sweet rolls, savory

rolls,
> > chocolate clay, fondant, crushing graham crackers and the like.

> Why would you roll out dough for bread and rolls? I mainly make challah
> where I just roll out strips for brading with my hands - I don't know how

> could do it with a rolling pin. Do you mean something you roll up with
> regards to rolls and that is what the rolling pin would be for? I should
> probably find myself a recipe for that once I get one.
>
> regards,
> Ben
>
> --

I have a few recipes for bread where you roll it out and then roll it up
much like you would sweet rolls, or cinnamon rolls. There's orange bread,
cinnamon bread, and chocolate-almond for starters. There are also many
dinner rolls that I use the pin for...one where you roll it out, fold it in
layers, then slice the layers; another where you roll it, cut into squares
and then put 2 squares so the corners are at odds into each cup of a muffin
tin and bake. And of course, there are the cinnamon rolls, which translates
into orange rolls, date rolls, cranberry (or raspberry or strawberry) cream
cheese rolls, etc.

kimberly