Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

Default How should I keep noodles hot for a buffet?

"Melba's Jammin'" > ha scritto nel
messaggio ...
> In article >,
> "Pandora" > wrote:
>> [CUT]
>> You can use two baking-pan . The first, bigger than the second one, with
>> very hot water inside. In the second one, smaller then the first and with
>> lid over, you put noodles. In this way your noodles will stay hot.
>> Cheers
>> Pandora

> Also called bain-marie, or a double boiler to the American heathens. My
> chafing dish can function like that -- either over water or over direct
> heat. Versatile.

I wasn't speaking of the real bain-marie. Bain-Marie is when the fire is
lighted under the first bigger pot. When you want to keep cool pasta or
other cooked dish you make a sort of "bain-marie" yes, but without fire, to
avoid your dish go on with cooking...
Cheers
Pandora