Old 14-12-2005, 01:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

Default How should I keep noodles hot for a buffet?

In article ,
"Pandora" wrote:

"Perfect Tommy" ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...
You can use two baking-pan

AKA double boiler

Better a baking -pan because is large and low: the noodles must stay on a
layer to breath and avoid mushing.
Cheers
Pandora

That's a good point, Pandora. I would be concerned, though, about
spilling and slopping water unless the smaller pan fit well and snugly
above the pan with the water. I've never seen that kind of arrangement
for a shallow pan. I wonder if that exists as something to buy for just
such a purpose (for home use rather than restaurant quantities) or if it
is an arrangement that one constructs from one's supply of pans. I am
curious.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-13-05 - RIP, Gerri