Posted to rec.food.baking
Cornofstarchy

Default Gourmet Cookies for Christmas

Yay so many replies ^_^ Thanks for replying. Some answers to questions...

>>>I would start with a cookie recipe designed to be soft. I know that

seems like a given, but some cookies are not suppose to be soft.<<<

Dusty gave a link with a soft cookie recipe. Do you know of any others?
Maybe one from you secret collection?

>>>What kind of cookies are you baking?<<<

Um, I'm looking at chocolate chip, caramel, raisin oatmeal, peanut
butter, and maple. I'm also going to bake some biscotti but those can be
as hard as rock lol. They're going to be "gifts" this year which saves
me the trouble of having to think of what to get for each person. I
mean, everyone loves baked goods!

>>>I too like soft, chewy cookies. I make mine with this recipe:

http://www.innerlodge.com/Recipes/Cookies&Cakes/SpicyOatmealCookies.htm<<<

Thanks! I will definitely try this out. Have you tried variations of
this? You know, adding chocolate chips instead of oatmeal, etc.

>>>With regards to the type of oil...<<<

I tend to use vegetable oil (cause we usually don't have butter or
margarine sticks around). Is that bad? =/