Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dimitri

Default How should I keep noodles hot for a buffet?

"jillie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I am hosting a family gathering, this coming weekend, and will be
> serving Beef Bourguignon.
>
> I'm not sure how to keep the noodles hot on the buffet table. Would
> putting them in a crock pot on a warm setting and adding lots of butter
> be a good way to go?

Yes its OK but - depending on the time between servings - you don't need lots of
butter - the fat coats the noodles and prevents the sauce from merging with the
noodles. Keep about a cup or two of the pasta water handy (hot) - if the
noodles start to stick add a few tablespoons of the starchy water and stir.

Dimitri