Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charlene Charette

Default How do you call....

Pandora wrote:

> I learnt that if you are speaking about a thing very far away in time you
> must use past tense. If this thing is not very far you use past participle
> (also in italian grammatic is like this). You must also think this: I must
> explain to you that I've studied English since I was 11 until I was 25 and I
> was very good in this subject because I loved it. Now I Am 45 and I have
> forgotten many things. You must take in account that I don't normally use
> English language with someone other than the persons who attende this NG.
> For this reason, not only love for cooking, I Am here

I didn't intend my post as a criticism and I hope you didn't read it
that way. I teach English as a foreign language, I order books and CDs
internationally, I live in a city with a large international population,
I travel to Italy each summer -- I have no problem understanding people
whose English is not perfect. I was merely contributing to an
interesting grammar discussion. I *love* grammar -- I teach it and I
even read grammar books for fun.

Your English is very good. Even if you say (well, type) something less
than perfectly, your meaning is clear.

--Charlene

--
Euthanasia: Generally more proficient at math and science than
euthanamerica. -- Bayan, Rick; The Cynic's Dictionary, 2002

email perronnelle at earthlink . net