Posted to rec.food.equipment
Randall Nortman

Default Truly leakproof springform pan?

Is there such a thing as a leakproof springform pan? I've seen pans
(from Kaiser and NordicWare, for example) that have an extra "shelf"
along the bottom to catch stuff that drips out of the pan, but my
problem is to keep a water bath from leaking in, without using
aluminum foil (which always runs the risk of developing a tear,
leading to complete ruin).

It seems to me that if this doesn't exist yet, it should, now that
high-temperature silicone is finding its way into all sorts of kitchen
gadgets. I'd think you could build a silicone seal into a springform
pan to make it watertight.

TIA,

Randall