Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

Default How do you call....

"Charlene Charette" > ha scritto nel messaggio
ink.net...
>>>Pandora, take this correction in the good-natured spirit you usually do.
>>>"At school, they taught me...."

>> Oh yes! No problem! I Am happy if you correct me!!!!! I Am here to learn!
>>
>>>"Have teach" is "not an option."

> Well, it could also be "they have taught me...". I teach ESL to adults; I
> don't envy anyone trying to learn it. I'm currently attempting to learn
> Italian.

I learnt that if you are speaking about a thing very far away in time you
must use past tense. If this thing is not very far you use past participle
(also in italian grammatic is like this). You must also think this: I must
explain to you that I've studied English since I was 11 until I was 25 and I
was very good in this subject because I loved it. Now I Am 45 and I have
forgotten many things. You must take in account that I don't normally use
English language with someone other than the persons who attende this NG.
For this reason, not only love for cooking, I Am here