Posted to alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
Glorfindel

Default wife swap vegan episode

usual suspect wrote:

> I fully realize I'm casting pearls before swine. :-)

Likewise, I'm sure.

The Calvinist mindset is not one that lends itself to concern
for the environment, or animals, or even humanity. Catholic
and Orthodox and Celtic, in one way or another, allow people
to see God in His creation, to see a need to respect and
care for it, and to see a basic goodness in humanity -
marred by sin, of course, but still visible in our nature.
I would far rather see a society motivated by non-Calvinist
Christianity -- it's likely to be more humane for both
humans and the rest of the world.

I suggest a good dose of Gerard Manley Hopkins, or some of
the Psalms celebrating nature. Or even the Narnia movie.