Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

Default Was someone looking for a recipe for Chinese CHews?

Wayne Boatwright wrote on 08 Dec 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> This recipe was just posted on rec.food.recipes. I don't know if it's
> the same type the poster was looking for.

This one is extremely good.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Crisp Chocolate Caramel Bars

bars/squares, recipe b, tested

1- 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter, chilled
14 oz. pkg. caramels, unwrapped
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1-3/4 cups crisp rice cereal

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine flour and powdered sugar in large bowl and mix well.
Cut in 1/2 cup chilled butter until particles are fine and butter is well
distributed.

Press into a 13x9' pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until
light golden brown. *MORE LIKE 15-20 MINUTES*
In heavy skillet, melt caramels, milk, and 1/4 cup butter over low heat,
stirring frequently until melted and smooth. Spread over baked crust.

In another saucepan, melt chocolate chips and 1/4 cup butter, stirring
until smooth. Stir in cereal. Drop this mixture by spoonfuls over caramel
and carefully spread to cover. Cool completely, then cut into squares. 48
bars

Note...this needs to sit over night for the crust and caramels to set
properly.

The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
The ears keep the hat up.