Mark Willstatter

Default Cooktop - BTU question

Michael Harp > wrote in message >...
> >Even if not 100%,
> > as your article points out, the biggest variable is not combustion
> > efficiency but what they call "heat transfer efficiency".

> > - Mark w.

> If you really want to improve the efficiency of your burners, buy cookware
> that is highly efficient... :-) Seriously! Falk, Mauviel or Bourgeat...

I think the most important factor is just a reasonable match of pan
size with burner. Particularly if we're talking about a sealed burner
with the around the periphery, it's easy to have the heat close to the
edge of the pan or beyond. As the article mentioned, for efficiency
purposes it's important to get the heat as near to the center of the
pan as possible. That means small diameter burners and/or wide pans.
The construction of the pan is also important but some distance down
the list compared to that. I suspect any pan with a decent volume of
aluminum or copper in the bottom would do fine.