Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Default Acccpuncture

B-cup Bob wrote:
> Excuse the top posting. It was made for you to be easy to find.
>
> For your information.
>
> Time December 5,, page 63

It refers to the German study I cited previously:
http://www.healthfinder.gov/news/new...p?docID=525507

Here's the BLURB from TIME (dummy):

ACUPUNCTURE There is growing scientific evidence that
acupuncture, a pillar of Chinese medicine, can relieve many
kinds of pain, but there's no clear agreement about how it
works. That was underscored by a German study of migraines: it
found that inserting needles at various acupuncture points in
the body relieved pain just as effectively as inserting them in
the points that are supposed to affect migraines. Both therapies
cut the number of episodes more than 50% over a 12-week period;
a control group that did not receive either treatment continued
to suffer as before.
http://www.time.com/time/archive/pre...134763,00.html

So you ****ed it up yet again (no surprise). Let me explain it to you,
eighth-wit. There were three groups. One group received "real"
acupuncture. The second group received fake acupuncture. The third group
was the control -- they received neither. The group receiving fake
treatment had similar results as the group that received "real"
acupuncture. So there is NO benefit above and beyond the placebo (fake
acupuncture) effect.

That means fake acupuncture is *just as beneficial* as "real"
acupuncture -- or that "real" acupuncture is *just as bogus* as fake
acupuncture. Take your pick.

Acupuncture is only as beneficial as any other touch therapy, as I
suggested before. Read the links to the abstracts about studies
regarding laughter, pets, and music. Those are much safer because they
don't require some nitwitted true believer to impale re-used needles
into patients.