Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

Default shelf life of grits

Jude wrote:
> i don't see what cvould go bad in abox of grits. most grains are good
> for a long time. Have you noticed that they're putting expiration dates
> on water now?
>
> eat the darned grits!

I wasn't sure whether they would be likely to be rancid or not- I've
only cooked grits a few times, so I'm not sure what they are supposed to
smell like or whatever. I've got a ton of eggs; maybe I'll cook the
grits up up tomorrow with some butter and cheese, and have it with fried
eggs.

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza