Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Randal

Default SA Cranberry Lambic: He LIKES it! He LIKES it!

>> $40 a case? Jeebus.

>Do you mean Jesus ****ing Christ in Colors? If not, provide
>clarification, please. I mean, you know, unless you will
>shrivel up and be relegated to the, what? third ring?

[wikipedia]

Jebus

According to Matt Groening, the Simpsons writers have an ongoing
competition to write a line that: "most represents Homer at his
singularly most stupid". Most likely the current champion is Homer's
faux term for Jesus, first mentioned in the episode "Missionary:
Impossible". It's possibly a variant of "Jebus" which is believed to
date from at least the 1970s as a response to the Jesus Freaks. Jeebus
appeared on the Frank Zappa album "them or us" in 1979 on the song
"heavenly pocket book. Matt Groening, a well known Zappa fan borrowed
it for the episode.

The earliest use was by jazz performer Duke Ellington, in a throwback
to his Catholic school days. He used it instead of Jesus so that the
nuns couldn't beat him. He used it instead of Jesus for the rest of his
life, which is how Zappa probably found it.

In another animated show, Family Guy, Jebus appears as a typo on page
375 in The Bible.

Historically, in the Old Testament of the Bible, there actually was a
people called the Jebusites, which was an old name for Jerusalem.