Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Jon Binkley

Default Worst Winter Beers (So Far)

Scott Kaczorowski wrote:> dgs > wrote in

> > Don't make me come down there and beat some (malt) sense
> > into you. Not that I would, but don't make me.

> I dares ya. Double. Pick up Binkley on the way down.

Speaking of MALT, I was genuinely (and pleasantly) surprised
recently with the improved quality of bottled Gordon Biersch Märzen.
Not a limp-dick-caramel-malt-poseur any more, but some authentic
German-style MALT flavor. Not quite on par with the real deal,
but certainly on par with, say, Saxer Amber of memory (RIP),
which makes it about the best domestic Amber/Oktoberfest/Märzen
regularly available to me.

Mind you, I'm talking about the bottled stuff from San Jose, not the
variably SHITE-to-GOOD draught versions from any of the ubiquitous,
variably SHITE-to-GOOD GB brew pubs.

ObSubjectLine:

Cheap cases of SNCA at Bay Area Costco's do not suck.