Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
dgs

Default Worst Winter Beers (So Far)

Scott Kaczorowski wrote:

> dgs > wrote in
> :
>
>>Scott Kaczorowski wrote:
>>
>>>"Malted" barley? Is that good?

>>It's *all* good.

> Um. No. No it's not.

You take that back! Is too!

>>Really, Spot, Polish porters: seek 'em out and dig on them,
>>'cause they're so great and malty and stuff. Like dark
>>satin on the tongue, they are.

> I have definitely been remiss on the Baltic Porters.

They are a manifold pathway into the World o' Malt.

> thought Jackson was full of fungus-infested weasels on crack when
> he said Morry's is...experiencing less glory than before. I was
> skeptical at first. But, dammit, he's right. ****! ****es me
> right off.

Serves you right. Jackson has evolved beyond mere snobbery, as have
many of us. To even question his brain waves on the matter is to
question your value as a beer-drinking sentient being. So mote it be.

>>>Your Humble, Filthy Douchebag

>>Hey, who promoted you to "Douchebag" when my back was
>>turned? Why, I oughta...

> Once again you focus on "Douchebag." The rank is still "Filthy."

I have issues with promoting anyone to "Douchebag," "Filthy" or
otherwise. You can retain your rank for now.

>>Drying compound joints these days?

> Greenboard. Kid's clubhouse.

Y'know, I'm kinda bewildered at your current level of sproggage.
I think I didn't get the memo. What's the sitch here?

>>And here I thought you Just Said No To Drugs.

> Not me.

Thankew, Jeebus.

> Ethanol is a drug. I prefer Belgian and WestCoastUS
> delivery systems (but not necessarily in that order). But you
> knew that you great big Teddy bear of a god (to me).

You really do need to get that Polish Porter thang goin' on, then.
Really worthwhile is what that is.

> Are you going on The Trip with Dingle****? Bring me sumtin'.
> Whouldja? Please?

Er ... who? Where? Ain't planned no trip with no Dingle**** in ...
well, ever, 'cause I don't even know who Dingle**** might be (this
time). Did go to Germany, Poland, and Austria last summer though.
*Loved* Krakow. First beer there was Zywiec Porter. I could do that
again in a heartbeat.

> Snottie Spazorowski
> The Beach that is Long, CA

Is this like that Hungarian Madonna interview? "Hello, friend who is a
girl..."

> ObCompletelyMaltless: The gib elttob of Lindeman's Framboise
> went over *huge* on the Day of Thanks. Not quite huge but still
> very, very well appreciated was HotD Fred.

Not bad. We knocked back a nice bottle of semillon blanc at the T-Day
buffet. Back to beer on Friday - the aforementioned Black Boss with
dinner, and Far West Fat Dubbel and half of a bottle of 10-yo Saison
de Pipaix afterwards. Fat Dubbel: yes, more malt. 10-yo Saison de
Pipaix: cidery, sour, probably the last year of life left, and Herself
appreciated it after a rather sweet glass of "Oud Beersel" Kriek which
actually was nothing more than a kegged version of Boon Kriek. About
as sweet as that Lindemans Framboise. Nice as a kids' drink, but for
grownups... oh, wait, we've been here already, haven't we?
--
dgs