Posted to rec.food.cooking
Rusty

Default What's the funniest or worst restaurant experience you'd had so far? (LONG)

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 09:39:06 -0700, "<RJ>" >
wrote:

>It was some years ago,
>driving through the boondocks of New Jersey
>.
>Decided to stop for coffee and a late night snack.
>The only place open was the "Truckstop Diner"
>
>We were turned away at the door by the waitress;
>"This restaurant is for truckers only"
>????
>
>Who turns away business ?? Why ????
>

><rj>

When we were kids in the early 1960's, our family was out for a drive
and our parents stopped at a small coffee shop on a busy highway just
outside of Riverside, CA. There was a small motel behind the coffee
shop. I was about 10-years old. When our family walked in for lunch, I
remember there were a lot of women sitting around by themselvers, but
all dressed up, wearing a lot of makeup. The owner behind the lunch
counter said, "We don't serve childen here, you'll have to leave". We
left with out being seated and ate at another place on down the road.

A few months later there was a news story about the coffee shop and
motel being busted for prostitution.

Maybe they are tuning away one kind of business for another.

-Rusty