Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave Smith

Default What's the funniest or worst restaurant experience you'd had so far?

Dee Randall wrote:

> It reminds me of one time I waited, waited, waited in line at a grocery
> store to pick up some film where loads of people were buying lotto tickets.
> When I got there, the clerk wouldn't get my film, and said, "there are
> other people here in line here that I have to take care of, you'll have to
> come back." WHUT!~! When I left the store DH and f-i-l couldn't understand
> my sputtering, slobbering incoherence explaining the situation as to why I
> didn't come back with the film.

I had a similar experience with a photo shop where I used to take my film for
processing. I wasn't in a big hurry to get the pictures back so I opted for the
one week service, since I was usually over to that mall on Fridays for banking
and shopping. I showed up around noon on the day they were supposed to be ready.
I gave my slip to the girl at the counter and she pointed to two boxes that had
come in that morning and said that they were in one of those two boxes, could I
come back in a few hours. No I couldn't. They were supposed to be ready that
day. I was there. They were there and there were no other customers. I wasn't
going to go home and then come all the way back because she was too lazy to open
the box and get my pictures. I haven't been back.