Posted to rec.food.cooking
channeltool

Default What's the funniest or worst restaurant experience you'd had so far?

My husband and I went to Portland Maine for a long weekend to get away
for our birthdays ( we are born on the same day ) We decided to eat
early so we could walk around after dinner. We were the second
customers to this restaurant ans we were quickly seated. He ordered the
half roasted chicken and I ordered a scallop appetizer on mesclun salad
with fried julienne leeks for my dinner. The waitress brought my meal
as an appetizer even though I asked her to bring it for my entree. She
appologized when i mentioned the mix-up but i told her not to worry
about it i will just wait to eat until my husbands dinner was served.
Well it took a good 30 minutes for his dinner to arrive and by that
time the mesclun salad was very wilted and i asked if she could just
replace the greens and not the scallops. She returned with a new salad
and the scallops were reheated but there weren't any fried leeks. I
asked if she could bring a small plate of the fried leeks. She returned
with ONE very THIN piece of fried leek the size of a toothpick on a
bread plate. I called her back and told her if the chef has a problem
then ask him to come out here and settle it. I told her that is the
rudest thing a chef can do, I have been a catering chef for over 15
years and tell the chef to get off his high horse. I also told her I am
no longer hungry and the chef ruined our birthday dinner. The manager
came over and appologized over and over. We got a dinner on the house
and a dessert which we refused, The chefs excuse was that they ran out
of leeks. It was a house special and we were the second couple that was
seated that night. No way did they run out of leeks 40 minutes into
service.