Posted to rec.food.preserving
Jark

Default Quince jelly or roasted quince

Thanks to all of you for you help and recipes. I made three batches, one
using McIntosh apples. I think the dry, hot summer took a toll on the
Quince because I didn't get the nice amber color and fragrance that I was
familiar with from a past trial. I varied the cooking times trying to
improve the color and flavor (three years ago when I tried this -- first
time doing anything like this -- I couldn't get the jelly to set, so I
recooked it and it gained color and flavor). Most of the recipes
specifically state to boil the juice only one or two minutes, but I wonder
if this is really long enough. I still had about five cups of juice left
over, so I froze it in aticipation of future experimenting.
Thanks, again, to all of you.