Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chris

Default Do I need to refrigerate pies?

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Wed 23 Nov 2005 09:59:29p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Damsel in
> dis Dress?
>

>> We're talking folded and refrigerated crusts here. They usually turn
>> out well for me.

> Nothing wrong with that. They do turn out well, and probably more people
> should use them. I've eaten some pretty dreadful homemade piecrust. :-)

Oh, I know it. My pie crust for my pumpkin pie did not turn out so well
today. That's because I was very rushed and didn't have any wax paper. I
have always rolled out my crust between sheets of waxed paper (for many
reasons that I won't go into). Didn't have time to go to the store, though
if I had had time, I probably just would've gone w/ the folded Pillsbury
crust. It's not as good as my best crust effort, but probably better
looking than today's effort. Oh well. It's just the immediate family, and
I'm sure it will taste ok.

I think this will be a pretty OK turkey dinner, considering that I didn't
know I was cooking it til last night!

Chris