Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

Default Do I need to refrigerate pies?

On 24 Nov 2005 09:14:39 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Wed 23 Nov 2005 09:59:29p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Damsel in
>dis Dress?
>
>> We're talking folded and refrigerated crusts here. They usually turn
>> out well for me.

>Nothing wrong with that. They do turn out well, and probably more people
>should use them. I've eaten some pretty dreadful homemade piecrust. :-)

I have a very lovely pie crust recipe using sour cream (half of what I
bake has sour cream in it). Sometimes I do it right, sometimes I
don't. I just don't want to risk messing the crusts up when I'll be
so harried already. Here is the recipe for your perusal. It's
fabulous, simply fabulous.

Carol, close friend of the Pillsbury Dough Boy

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sour Cream Pie Crust

Recipe By amsel
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : pies-crusts

1/2 cup cold butter -- 1 stick
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sour cream

Place flour in a medium bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is the size
of small peas. Add egg yolk, salt, and sour cream. Stir with a fork
until pastry forms a ball (or use food processor).

Divide into two parts. Wrap in plastic and chill until stiff enough
to work with (approximately 45 minutes). When ready to use, roll
pastry thinly (about 1/8 inch)

If making a single crust pie, refrigerate or freeze one portion for
another pie. .

Yield:
"2 crusts"

--