Posted to rec.food.cooking
Joseph Littleshoes

Default Do I need to refrigerate pies?

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 03:55:24 GMT, Joseph Littleshoes
> > wrote:
>
> >Whether it gets 'soggy' in the 'fridge or not depends on your crust.
> >Many people use a pre baked crust for the apple pie and then you can
> >make a top crust that wont touch the apples. Some people use a

> 'criss
> >cross' of dough, while others apply the dough to the top of the

> cooked
> >apples. Personally, i like a 'soggy' crust, a moist crust, a crust
> >infused with the flavours of the pie.

> I'm making my apple pie for the first time with a crumb topping. Would
>
> that be better made the same day as the dinner, to avoid having a
> soggy top? Also, it has sour cream in it. Would that require
> refrigeration?

A 'crumb' topping defeats the purpose of this thread, of course it is
going to be at least moist if not 'soggy'. And with 'sour cream' you
don't wnat to take any chances.

In any hot, humid southern hemisphere envinroment where it is now summer
i would refrigerate. In the northern hemisphere it is less necessary.
---
JL