Nexis

Default Whole Wheat Pasta

"John Gaughan" > wrote in message
> I tried whole wheat pasta the other day. My wife and I both think it
> tastes good, but it does not hold sauce well. Most likely this is due to
> the fact that it has less starch, which helps bond sauce to the pasta.
>
> Is this true of all whole wheat pasta? What brands do you guys
> recommend? Any cooking tips, should I cook it differently than normal
> pasta? Normally I boil it until al dente, rinse in hot water, and toss
> in olive oil.
>
> --
> John Gaughan
> http://www.johngaughan.net/

Try skipping the rinsing and the olive oil, that will help some. Unless the
olive oil is your sauce! Rinsing will wash away what starch there is, and
that will cause your sauce not to stick at all. If you use enough water to
boil it in, you don't need to rinse it anyway.
I don't recall the name of the brand we use, unfortunately, but I can tell
you we get it at the Italian deli in Little Italy and it's imported from
Italy. It's better than the brands we tried from the grocery store and holds
up better for leftovers.

kimberly