Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob

Default Note to self: frozen turkey

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
> zxcvbob wrote:
>

>>don't forget the bring the frozen turkey in out of the trunk of the
>>car
>>tomorrow morning so it can thaw...
>>
>>Bob

> What part of the frozen north are you in? I left the turky in the trunk
> yesterday just for that reason, to let it thaw there rather than the
> kitchen, it's a balmy 72 degrees in the SF bay area today. I'll probly
> bring the turky in this evening and prepare the stuffing and prep the
> bird ready to go in the oven tomorrow morning.
> ---
> JL

Minnesota. It's 41° outside right now. The turkey has been in the
trunk since Saturday afternoon, wrapped in a towel. I checked it this
morning and it was still frozen solid, but it felt like the plastic wrap
was no longer frozen tight to the skin.

Wouldn't you hate to *forget* a frozen turkey in the trunk of the car
and find it a few weeks after the spring thaw?

Bob