Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
Dutch

Default Life per se does not have a positive value

<dh@.> wrote

>>There is nothing in the world you understand that I cannot.

> I understand the difference between life itself and the individual
> life experiences animals have.

Yet you constantly equivocate between "life itself" and "a decent life" when
you say that "no life" is the opposite of "a decent life" when it is
actually the opposite of "life itself". So either you do understand the
difference as you say and you're being deliberately dishonest, or you don't
understand the difference.

> I understand that life
> has a positive value for some animals.

That is a vague, subjective opinion and you provide no reason why anyone
should consider it. No matter how you dress a pig it's still a pig, and your
position is still The Logic of the Larder no matter how you try to disguise
it.